Friday, August 15, 2014

Nesting

It seems lately I have used much of my free time on little decorating projects in my home.  And I have to say that the difference it is making in my day-to-day quality of life is amazing.  I call it ‘accessorizing’ my home.   It all feels more complete and I no longer have the sense that it is not quite finished. 

We had selected everything with such care before moving into this new home and then it was a full stop all last year.  This summer I have been feeling motivated to finish what we started.  Just this week I actually hung a new shower curtain in the guest bathroom.  The new towels have been ordered and should arrive any day.   It really is the little things that can make you happy.  I will no longer be thinking ‘I really should get this room done’ every time I walk into it. 

As I stroll from room to room, I feel content that I have finished these little projects to add my personal touches to my home.   The flameless candle wall scones add a soft, warming glow to the living room each evening when they turn on.   The new-to-me teacup shelf looks amazing with my teacup collection on display.  And I decided to go ahead with a craft desk in a corner of the guest bedroom--  I can see myself working on projects there.  And that is a sign of my entering a new phase of transition.   I actually want to work on projects again.   I am enjoying the creative process again.   I think Robert would be pleased.  He always encouraged me to work on my scrap booking and decorating projects. 


No comments: