Monday, May 5, 2014

Softly Arrives the Spring

I sit bathed in gentle early morning sunshine with mug of tea at the ready.   All the grass and trees are quite green in my neighborhood.   Contemplating another neighborhood walk as the morning progresses.  Perhaps that lady in the back will have finished spreading that huge pile of mulch?  Perhaps not just yet.

After all the cool weather and rain, these rays of sun feel particularly sweet.   I hear so many people complaining about the lack of spring this year.  I smile as I point out that this year is more normal than recent years.  Spring should be slow and gentle in its arrival.   Excessive warmth is more suited to late summer days than spring.  

I recall that spring a couple years ago when it was 80 degrees on the first day of spring.  Nothing gentle about that year - in the spring weather or my life.   I hadn't considered before if the weather mirrors the patterns of our lives.   I believe it is coincidence.   Or maybe we notice things with different perspectives depending on our moods.

The gentleness of this spring is a welcome respite for me as I journey on.   The warmth of the sunshine is as welcome as the warmth of my family and friends with whom I have been spending much time of late.  Alas, my blog has been put on the back burner.  Yet today, my creative side is bubbling to the surface.  

No comments: